21 February 2008

Where is the love?

I originally posted this to Internet Infidels Discussion Board in the General Religious Discussions within the thread "God is Love".

"If God is love why do so many religions fight over him? Is there not enough love to go around? In a conversation I had with my father I made the assertion that no one religion should really think they have the lock-on with God. My premise being if all religions believe in some form of a God then they should accept (isn't that a part of love?) that others faith can be as valid as their own. To which my father (a Roman-Catholic) replied "I agree with you but unless they believe in Jesus they will never see God's face." I asked him how he knew this. His answer "Jesus said so in the Bible." Where is the love?"

No comments: