04 December 2015

feeling frustrated

***From my post on Facebook***

feeling frustrated.
I know that most of my "friends" on Facebook don't even view my posts and I'm sure the rest of you are fed up with my activist postings, especially the current gun related ones, but I will keep posting away in hopes of getting one of you to really think about other issues and especially the alternative to more guns.
Three incidents in one week.
Where is the outrage? Where is the want for change? Where is the belief that you can help slow the rise of this tide(maybe even be a catalyst to stop it)? You can do so much more than cry about people wanting to take your guns. BTW no one but the NRA and their lackeys only ever mention THAT.
Write to your local paper, write a blog, post an opinion on FB, write to your government officials. Let them know you are a responsible gun owner who sees the need for appropriate gun legislation. Take a moment to look over some of my posts from the last few days and tell me that arming everyone is the only solution to this violence. Give solid reasoning because the dreck that comes from the Right after every gun-related tragedy just isn't holding water any longer. The 2nd Amendment was written at a time when we did not have an organized military - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." and also allows for the people to have guns - keep in mind the type of gun that was available at the time this was written. 
I read that people are tired of the tragic news reports so they turn off the news. Turning it off does not make it go away and it definitely will not make things better. Change is what will work and change can only be brought about thru you. Thru all of us. Gun safety is not relinquishing your guns. Gun safety is universal and thorough background checks, professional instruction that leads to government licensing (just like your drivers license), mandatory gun safes and gun owners taking responsibility for unsecured guns. If you have better ideas please post them or even better write your Congressperson as well.
Well that is my tirade for the day and if even one person read this I'll feel a bit better about humanity. Peace out.

No comments: