24 October 2015

Please Stop with your Passive/Aggressive attitude



What is your problem with me? I know there is one (or a combination) as you have expressed issue with a litany of what makes up my life without directly judging me. Being gay(I may have said lesbian but it's actually bisexual - tired of people thinking I'm always up for a 3 way), Liberal/Democrat, Atheist,  I understand Evolution is Science (contrary to what the religious may think) and my being Bipolar is a real illness, a mental illness.

Hate the sin, love the sinner. Umm, no thank you. I'm not a sinner. I love how you love just different persons.

Liberal/Democrat - I walk the walk - Love thy neighbor as thyself - sort of like the Jesus you profess to follow.

Here are a few tidbits for you to mull over. Being Atheist does not mean I hate or don't celebrate Christmas. In fact I have celebrated secular Christmas my whole life. The co-opted Pagan symbols, the Christian songs and secular Santa Claus and gifts all make up my Christmas and, I'm sure, yours as well. If you plan on not giving me a gift that's fine but to not do it after years of giving me a gift so that it is awkward to my family - that's just rude. With that said giving me a token, cheap gift is just rude and embarrassing on your behalf.
Then comes the piece de resistance - the handwritten thank you note, listing all the gifts received (whether for Xmas or birthdays), and addressed only to my Mother. It's a joy knowing you're raising your children in the same tactless way you live.

Evolution is Reason. Evolution is Science.
Creationism is Religion NOT Science.

Bipolar does not discern but I try to. I stay away from people when I am depressed. My depression flips rapidly to anger - something only a few people have been privy too and they haven't enjoyed. My longest stretch of not bathing has been 2 weeks. And 20 hrs in bed during a 24 hour cycle is the icing on the cake to self-loathing. These are not things I'm proud of but when you are depressed for months on end and the other side of the coin is being happy but at the price of self-destruction… I tend to be choosey about who I surround myself with. My Bipolar tends to make me sensitive in my other aspects of life, so if life's cruelties don't roll right off my back… well pardon me


No comments: